Welcome to the NC-AOCR! We are an independent organization of Official Court Reporters who work in North Carolina Superior Courts. We exist to serve North Carolina Official Court Reporters and to educate others about the importance of having an official court reporter in the court system.
Here on the “About” page you’ll find our detailed mission statement, our current officers, a link to the NC-AOCR position paper, and a link to our Constitution and Bylaws. Thanks again for dropping in. If you have additional questions, please contact us!
NC-AOCR actively seeks to serve the court reporters in the State of North Carolina in the following ways:
• Promoting harmony and a spirit of mutual assistance between the profession of court reporting and the Courts, members of the Bar, and the Director of the Administrative Office of the Courts;
• Programming, fostering, and establishing statutes and rules directly or indirectly affecting the profession as may be of help and assistance to reporters;
• Promulgating efficiency and justice in all Courts;
• Protecting the public against the imposition of incompetent and unethical court reporters;
• Rendering assistance to all reporters in the perpetual improvement of their reporting skill;
• And maintaining a proper standard of ethics, efficiency, and compensation.
Our 2018-2019 Officers:
President: Jessica S. Sheldon, RPR, CRR
Vice President: Donna T. Chandler, CCR, RMR, CRR
Secretary: Angela Carithers, RPR
Treasurer: Jackie Wells, RMR, CRR
Immediate Past President: Colleen Mosier, CVR-M
The NCAOCR Position Paper lays out the history and status of court reporters in North Carolina and details our association’s resulting position.
The NCAOCR Constitution and Bylaws set out the rules by which our association is organized.